Log in and restart your reservation?
Click OK to log in and restart your reservation.
Click Cancel to continue with your reservation without logging in.
- Hold your reservation
Hold your reservation
Need more time to decide?
We offer convenient hold options to assist with your travel planning.
24 hour hold
When available on select American Airlines marketed and operated flights, you can hold your reservation up to 24 hours for free if you book seven or more days prior to departure.
- Choose your flights and select “hold” on the “Review and Pay” page
- Refer to your confirmation email or visit “My Trips” to pay for your trip
- Your reservation will automatically cancel after 24 hours if you don’t complete the purchase
Extended hold options
When available on select American-marketed and operated flights, you can pay to hold your reservation for an extended time period.
- After choosing your flights, select “hold” on the “Review and Pay” page
- Choose an extended hold option
- Payment is processed immediately and hold charges are non-refundable
- Refer to your confirmation email or visit “My Trips” to pay for or cancel your trip
- Purchase your trip with a credit card from the same country used to hold your trip or the fare may change
Extended hold terms and conditions